When you’re planning a St. Augustine romantic getaway, be sure the getaway package includes dinner at one of the top romantic restaurants in St. Augustine. At Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast, two, three, and four day romantic getaway packages all include dinner at one of the best romantic restaurants in this “Ancient City” – your choice of Collage or Michael’s Tasting Room. In addition to your romantic dinner, all our historic inn’s Romantic Getaway Packages include chocolate-covered strawberries and a sparking beverage served in your own engraved Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast Flutes, a small floral arrangement, in-room massages and breakfast service, plus an Assorted Bath Pleasures basket, and more!
When you choose to dine at Collage, you can look forward to an eclectic menu that uses international flavor profiles and locally sourced ingredients that create a “first-class, award-winning experience.” Collage is rated as one of the most romantic restaurants in St. Augustine, earning spots on both Yelp’s list Best Romantic Restaurant St. Augustine and Trip Advisor’s list of The 10 Best Romantic Restaurants in St. Augustine. One of Yelp’s reviewers described Collage as a “little hidden gem.” Open Table both names it among the Best Romantic Restaurants in St. Augustine, and one of the 100 best restaurants in America! The award-winning restaurant provides an intimate dining experience, with just 15 tables.
Executive Chef Mathew Brown’s global menu at Collage highlights fresh, locally sourced seafood and produce as well as steaks, lamb, and veal. Collage offers an extensive wine list chosen to offer a varied selection of reasonably priced wines that complement dishes on the menu.
In addition to Chef Brown’s soup, appetizer, and entrée specials each day, here are just some of the dishes on the menu made from scratch using the finest and freshest ingredients available:
- Tenderloin Bruschetta: Sliced Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Tomato and Bacon Relish and Horseradish Cream Sauce on Toast Points
- Burrata: House Made Mozzarella Stuffed with Goat Cheese Mousse, accented with Apricot Confiture, Raspberry Gastrique, and Spiced Walnuts; served with Focaccia Crostini
- Warmed Macadamia Encrusted Goat Cheese, Artichokes, Mesclun, and Tomatoes; Browned Butter Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette
- Cider Roasted Apples and Thyme Roasted Beets in a White Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette with Pickled Onions, Gorgonzola, Spiced Candied Walnuts, finished with Local Greens
- House Salad: Artisanal Greens, English Cucumber, Carrots, Tomato and Pickled Onions with House Vinaigrette and Focaccia Crostini
- Hand Cut Beef Tenderloin with Choice of: Collage Signature Steak Sauce and Sautéed Mushrooms, Vidalia Onion and Gorgonzola Sauce, Black Summer Truffle Compound Butter, or Salsa Verde
- Char-Grilled New Zealand Lamb Rack Marinated in Herbs with Double Cream Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable Du Jour, finished with a Sherry Peppercorn Emulsion
- Grilled Pork Chop Topped with Bacon, Onion, Pistachio Crust, served over Sweet Potato Puree, Caramelized Brussel Sprouts, finished with a Cabernet Demi Glaze
- Roasted Cornish Hen with Shallot and Thyme Brown Butter, Seasonal Vegetables, accompanied by Goat Cheese Infused Pomme Puree
- Parmesan and Brown Sugar Pecan Crusted Fresh Corvina, served over Jasmine Rice with Vegetables Du Jour, finished with Buerre Blanc
- Valencia Almond Crusted Pan Seared Diver Scallops Dressed in a Delicately Salted Caramel over Butter Popcorn Purée with Seasonal Vegetables, topped with a Pancetta Crisp
- Quartet Del Mar: Chef’s Selection Fresh Fish, Diver Caught Sea Scallops, Jumbo Shrimp, Sautéed Mussels, Spanish Chorizo, Salsa Verde, with Grilled Artisan Bread, finished in a Light Tomato Fumet
Collage is less than a 10 minute walk through St. Augustine’s historic district from our bed and breakfast on Aviles Street. Cross the Plaza de la Constitución, then stroll down St. Georges Street to the restaurant on Hypolita Street.
Dining Style: Casual Dining Dress code: Business Casual
Days & Hours: Sunday –Thursday from 5:00 – 9:15 pm
Friday and Saturday from 5:00 – 9:30 pm
Location: 60 Hypolita Street St. Augustine Phone: 904-829-0055
You can expect a memorable experience “where timeless romance begins” when you stay at our elegant 12 room Inn with its old world appeal in the heart of historic St. Augustine. Our Romantic Getaway Packages are available for any of the Inn’s ten distinctive guestrooms Sunday through Thursday, and for Weekends (prices vary). To make reservations, just call us at 904-824-3555!
Photo by @rawpixel on UnSplash