Casa De Solana Bed and Breakfast has Romantic Getaway Packages including a dinner at your choice of one of two of the best romantic restaurants in St. Augustine – Michael’s Tasting Room or Collage. Our intimate 12 room Inn in the heart of historic St. Augustine offers you a stay in an elegant, luxurious guest room “with old world appeal where timeless romance begins”.
In addition to your gift certificate for a romantic dinner at a restaurant with great reviews, our two, three, and four day Romantic Getaway Packages create an unforgettable stay, from the engraved Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast Flutes with sparkling beverage, chocolate-covered strawberries, and small floral arrangement in your room upon arrival, to in-room massages and breakfast service, an Assorted Bath Pleasures basket, and more!
When you choose to reserve the getaway package romantic dinner for two at Michael’s Tasting Room, you can look forward to “a casually elegant dining experience with a celebrated chef, dedicated staff, and passion for exquisite flavors and world-class wines.” It’s on Trip Advisor’s list of the 10 Best Romantic Restaurants in St. Augustine, and Open Table also names it among the Best Romantic Restaurants in St. Augustine.
Executive Chef Michael Lugo focuses his restaurant’s dishes on Coastal Spanish Inspired and Steakhouse Cuisines. The tapas and dinner menu is shaped by locally sourced and sustainable produce, seafood, and meats, changes seasonally. Over the years, Michael’s has received many honors and accolades, including Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for the restaurant’s wine list for eleven consecutive years.
Michael’s Tasting Room seasonal menu includes:
- Cold and Raw dishes such as Tuna Tartare, Shrimp Cocktail, and Lobster Cerviche
- Cheese and Charcuterie including an Iberian Board assortment of cured Spanish meats and cheeses
- Starters such as Spanish Mushrooms, Shishito Peppers, and Plantain Bon Bons
- Salads including Green, Wedge, Harvest, and Asparagus Caesar
- Seasonal Fish such as Roasted Branzino and Õra King Salmon
- Dry Aged Steakhouse Cuts of Beef with Add-ons such as Mustard or Blue Cheese Crust
Chef Lugo’s Signature entrées include:
- Risotto: Creamy arborio rice with local mushrooms, duck confit, shaved Parmesan, and truffles
- Pollo al Limon: Chicken breast with castelvetrano olives, confit potatoes, and preserved lemon
- Wagyu Beef Cheeks braised with yuca mofongo mash, and roasted baby carrots
- Chuleta: Heritage long bone pork chop served crispy with guava datil sauce, tostones, and chimichurri
- Colorado grass-fed Lamb Chops with confit potatoes and lamb jus
- Steak & Fries: Hanger steak, house cut truffle fries, and herb chimichurri
Michael’s Tasting Room is less than a 10 minute walk from our bed and breakfast on Aviles Street. Cross the Plaza de la Constitución, then stroll down Charlotte Street to the restaurant on scenic Calle Cuna in the historic district. The restaurant building, originally the Buchanti House, is over 250 years old, dating from 1764.
Dining Style: Casual Elegant Dress code: Resort Casual
Days & Hours: Monday –Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday from 5:00 – 10:30 pm
Sunday from 5:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: 25 Cuna Street, St. Augustine Phone: 904-810-2400
Let your own timeless romance begin! Our Romantic Getaway Packages are available for any of the Inn’s ten distinctive guestrooms Sunday through Thursday, and for Weekends (prices vary). To make reservations, just call us at 904-824-3555!
Photo by @rawpixel on UnSplash