Book the Midweek Summer Savings Special at Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast! Treat yourselves to a midweek romantic getaway package for three or four days and see some of the best things to do in St. Augustine. Until November 1, 2019, stay 3 midweek nights (Sunday through Thursday) at our historic district B&B and the 3rd night is half-price. Stay 4 nights or more midweek nights and get 1 night free!
St. Augustine is perfect romantic getaway destination. Things to do range from sunrise strolls on the beach to sunset sails on the bay, gourmet dining to pub crawls, and a great art and culture scene. Trip Advisor declares getaways are good for History Buffs, Art and Architecture Lovers, Nature Lovers, Foodies, and Beach Goers, too!
The Midweek Summer Savings Special is a perfect way to enjoy many of the “Must-See” places in St. Augustine. A variety of web-based travel guides suggest lists of top things to do and see, plus three or four day itineraries to spark your imagination.
Suggestions often include:
- Plaza de la Constitución, steps away from Casa de Solana, at the heart of the historic city.
- A St. Augustine Self-Guided Walking Tour, or an Old Town Trolley Tour or Ripley’s Red Train Tour. Both the Trolley and the Red Train stop at many attractions and are good for three consecutive days of unlimited use.
- Castillo de San Marco, built for the city’s defense in the 17th century, stages historical reenactments daily. Its gun decks offer views across St. Augustine Bay.
- Tours of Historic Flagler College and the Lightner Museum, home to collections of fine and decorative 19th century art. Plan to enjoy luncheon at Café Alcazar, located in the former indoor swimming pool at Lightner Museum.
- Window shop along St. George Street, a pedestrian only area known for its unique shops. Enjoy an artisanal ice pop at The Hyppo, frequently mentioned as a favorite among the ice cream shops.
- Time at one of St. Augustine’s beaches is a must! Take a picnic and drive to Anastasia Island State Park, St. Augustine Beach, or Crescent Beach for some quality beach time.
- Choose one (or more) of the many different evening tours – there are carriage rides, pub crawls, food and wine tours, plus paranormal tours of some of St. Augustine’s famous haunts. Tours are offered by many different companies including St. Augustine Historic Tours and St. Augustine City Walks.
NATURE LOVERS, plan to visit the St. Augustine Wild Reserve Nature & Wildlife Areas where experienced wildlife professionals lead tours. See the wildlife show plus all species of crocodilian at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park.
HISTORY BUFFS, don’t miss the Mission of Nombre de Dios and The Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, site where the oldest city in the U.S. was founded. Wander the Colonial Quarter, where the 10 buildings demonstrate how the Spanish residents lived in the 1740’s. At the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Marine Museum, you can learn about historic ships, shipwrecks, and ship building, plus climb the over 200 steps to the top of the Lighthouse for panoramic views. Other historic attractions include the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse and The Old Jail.
FOODIES, St. Augustine is a top culinary destination! A tasting tour or pub crawl is a great way to explore the city’s culinary scene. Here are some other “Must-Tastes”: Whetstone Chocolate Factory where the tour includes plenty of samples! San Sebastian Winery offers free wine tastings. The rooftop bar offers great views as well! St. Augustine Distillery also offers free tours with tastings. The Ice Plant, in the same historic building, is recommended for craft cocktails and pub cuisine.
LOVERS, no romantic getaway to St. Augustine, Florida would be complete without a visit to its Love Tree! On Cordova Street, you’ll find a sable palm that has grown together with an oak tree. As a result, separating them would kill them both. Legend says that lovers kissing under the tree will have everlasting romance!
Many of the places suggested above are within a few blocks of our bed and breakfast on Aviles Street in the historic district. Visit the Things to Do section of our website for a convenient list of attractions and activities, including many that are “Fun and Free”. Now it’s time to create your own list of “Must-Dos”, then give us a call or go online to book your Midweek Getaway!
NOTE: The Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast Midweek Package discount applies to the weekday rate and may not be combined with other discounts, promotions, or gift certificates. The Discount is not available during holidays or special events. Reservations must be made by phone to apply the discount at the time of booking, or qualified reservations made online will be discounted at front desk at the time of check in.