will showcase St. Augustine’s arts and culture scene at this spring festival in Florida. Daily events from Friday, May 3, 2019 to Sunday, May 12, 2019, will include over 75 concerts, theater productions, dance performances, visual arts exhibits, cultural and heritage activities, plus culinary events.
Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast on Aviles Street is just steps away from many Romanza Festivale venues. The Opening Night Concert, Cinco de Mayo Celebration, Romanza Dance Kaleidoscope, and Art on Aviles, are 5 minutes or less from the B&B. The Gamble Rogers Music Festival, Chamber Music Series, plus some theater, visual arts, cuisine, and heritage events are only a 10 minute walk away. Many Romanza Festivale events are free; paid admission is required for others.
- Romanza Festivale Opening Night: Friday, May 3, 2019, features Havana-born Pianist Juana Zayas in Concert at the Cathedral Basilica from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. (FREE)
- Art on Aviles: Saturday, May 4, 20019, you’ll find this Aviles Street Art Fair right outside the bed and breakfast’s courtyard. The Art Fair from 4 – 8 pm will feature plein air artists, local artisans, and music, plus the street’s galleries and restaurants. The Integral Latin Jazz Band will perform from 6 – 8 pm. (FREE)
- Latin American Festival: Saturday May 4, 2019, also will feature this all-day festival at Francis Field. In addition to headliners Unidos en la Música there will be Latin Dance Workshops, cultural exhibits, a mural competition, and a Latin American Marketplace featuring merchandise, food, and beverages.
- Cinco de Mayo: Sunday, May 5, 2019, celebrate Cinco de Mayo at nearby Plaza de la Constitucion with Latin Bands Caribeño Tropical and Mariachi Garibaldi from 7 – 9 pm. Bring a chair, and get ready to dance to Caribeño Tropical’s varied Latin repertoire and Mariachi Garibaldi’s authentic street style Mariachi music. (FREE)
- Gamble Rogers Music Festival: These events May 3-5, 2019, will feature the live music of over 50 bands on three different stages. Enjoy local musicians, regional acts and national music groups, plus new Folk School workhops in the Colonial Quarter.
- Romanza Dance Kaleidoscope V: Celebrate St. Augustine’s breadth of dance arts Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Eighteen local dance groups from the Aerial Athletes and the Ancient City Sirens to Three Hearts Dance and World Ballroom Dance will perform.
- Romanza Chamber Music Series: This series of noontime concerts will feature seven performances at the Ancient City Baptist Church, 27 Sevilla Street. Performers will range from Verandah Jazz, Piano Four Hands with vocalists, and The Island Duet to Dulcinea: Early Music Consort with Robert Burns, First Coast Opera, First Coast Harp Ensemble, and the North Florida Women’s Chorale.
The Romanza Festivale website has detailed information about all the different events, performers, partners, and an online program book. It includes calendars organized by category and by date. Many events are free; tickets for others may be purchased online.
Casa de Solana’s location in historic district makes it the perfect hotel accommodation for the many different festivals in St. Augustine, including Romanza Festivale each May. Romanza Festivale draws fans from near and far, so don’t wait to go online or give us a call to reserve your stay in May!
Romanza is a nonprofit community organization which promotes and produces cultural events that showcase St. Augustine’s vibrant living culture, that enhance the quality of life for residents, and that create a positive lasting impression of America’s Most Romantic City for visitors.