You’re never too old for a romantic getaway to a St Augustine, Florida B&B. Casa de Solana Bed & Breakfast is offering its midweek Sizzling Seniors Special from June 1 through October 1, 2018.
- Chocolate covered strawberries will await you in your room upon arrival
- Luxuriate with breakfast in bed the first morning of your stay
- Spend two or more days visiting some of Florida’s most beautiful and romantic sights, many of which are free
- Your midweek stay between Sunday and Thursday nights receives a 15% discount for two or more nights
St. Augustine is named one of the Top 50 Romantic Destinations Around the World by U.S. News & World Report, Here are some ideas free or almost free romantic things to do during your sizzling summer getaway. Visit the Free Attractions list on our Things to Do page for more suggestions:
Take a walking tour of St. Augustine’s historic district together. Walk hand in hand through old St. Augustine, with its historic homes, gardens, fortifications, and more. A self-guided St. Augustine walking tour recounts the history, legends, and stories facts about both well-known and lesser known points of interest.
Share a picnic lunch or dinner (or both) with a beautiful view. Choose your favorite treats from some of the city’s cafes or food trucks, then choose from St. Augustine’s many picnic spots.
- If you’ve been visiting Mission of Nombre de Dios, the oldest Catholic Parish in the U.S., the beautiful grounds around the Great Cross are ideal.
- If you’re visiting Castillo de San Marcos National Monument (Golden Access and Age Passports are honored for free admission), the story of the First Thanksgiving in 1565 might make you hungry for a picnic along the Bayfront nearby.
- The historic buildings surrounding Plaza de la Constitución create another beautiful picnic setting, only two blocks from our bed and breakfast. If your stay includes a Thursday evening, be sure to listen to the free Concert in the Plaza while you dine al fresco!
Return to our B&B in time for our Wine Social Hour each afternoon from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Enjoy a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers while you relax in a private corner of our tropical courtyard, and plan your evening romance.
Watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Begin another day together by crossing the Bridge of Lions and going to St. Augustine Beach to watch the sunrise over the waves. Then return to the B&B for a delicious breakfast featuring fresh local and organic products.
Taste wine together on a tour of San Sebastian Winery, less than a mile from our bed and breakfast on Aviles Street. The Winery offers a complimentary walking tour and tasting experience daily. Clink your glasses together with a romantic toast as you sample the wines in the Winery’s authentic Barrel Room. The 45 minute tours begin Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm, and Sunday, 11 am – 5 pm.
Sunrise, sunset – quickly flow the days and years. A romantic way to end your stay is watching a spectacular sunset from the Vilano Beach Fishing Pier that juts into the Matanzas Bay.
This special summer midweek promotion is available Sundays through Thursdays from June 1 through October 1, 2018, and may not be combined with other discounts. Please note you must make your reservation directly with Casa de Solana, so click here to learn about all the details.