The Saint Augustine Film Festival returns to the city for its 8th year, with guest filmmakers and a diverse line-up of U.S. and international independent films, shorts, and documentaries. The Festival features four days of films from January 18-21, 2018, at a cluster of theaters in the historic district. Eleven major curated film showings are scheduled for Flagler College’s Lewis Auditorium, which seats about 800 people. Other films will be screened at the College’s Gamache-Koger Theater, accommodating 105 film-goers, and the three small theaters at the Corazon Cinema & Café, which offer varied seating and small tables.
- The Festival kicks off at the Lewis Auditorium at 7:00 pm on Thursday with Smog of the Sea, followed by Turtle: The Incredible Journey.
- The two films to be featured at Lewis Auditorium on Friday evening are Heaven’s Floor (USA) and Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World (Canada).
- Saturday, the full day of screenings includes After You’re Gone (Russian), My Amish World (filmmaker present), Pear Shaped, Heartbeats (star and producer present), Moglie E Marito (Italian), and The Thin Yellow Line (Spanish).
- On Sunday, Lewis Auditorium will present In Bed with Victoria (French), followed by Storyteller (USA), The Sense of Wonder (French), and finally, At the End of the Tunnel (Spanish).
- The foreign language films have English subtitles. Please visit the Festival website for a complete schedule of films and where they are being shown.
The three different Film Festival venues are located within a five minute walk of each other, making it easy to change theaters as desired. Casa de Solana, is conveniently located near all three – guests at our bed and breakfast on Aviles Street can walk to all theaters within five to eight minutes. It’s the perfect choice for lodging this festival weekend – there’s plenty of time to linger over our breakfast featuring local products and a different hot entree each morning. It’s just a short stroll back through the historic district to the B&B, where you can relax in our courtyard between screenings. The courtyard also makes a great place to enjoy a glass of wine during our Social Hour – it’s the perfect way to begin your evening at the theater!
2018 Saint Augustine Film Festival
Dates & Times
Thursday, January 18, 2018, from 11:00 am until 9:00 pm
Friday, January 19, 2018 from 10:45 am until 9:30 pm
Saturday, January 20, 2018, from 10:00 am until 8:30 pm
Sunday, January 21, 2018, from 11:15 am until 6:30 pm
Tickets for individual films are sold on an “as available” basis ten minutes before each film for $10 each.
Lewis Auditorium Pass, which includes all the films showing at Lewis Auditorium is $60. (The last date to purchase this pass is January 17, 2018).
Flagler College’s Lewis Auditorium, 14 Granada Street, St. Augustine, FL
Flagler College’s Gamache-Koger Theater, Ringhaver Student Center, 50 Sevilla Street, St. Augustine, FL
Corazon Cinema & Café, 36 Granada Street, St. Augustine, FL.