Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche
This recipe is wonderful for a breakfast, brunch or dinner. Using individual ramekin dishes makes a wonderful presentation for your guest or yourself! The broccoli gives the creamy cheddar and egg a nice crunch and by this you are cutting down and eliminating the baking time because of the no crust.
This basic recipe serves about 4 guests. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
- Butter your ramekin dishes, size about 8ou.
- about 10 ounces of broccoli florets (fresh broccoli blanch a minute until bright green, slightly cooked, remaining cook time will be in oven)
- 6 large eggs - 1/2 cup of cream or half and half
- 1/2 tspn Kosher salt - garlic powder to taste (optional)
- 1/4 tspn ground pepper
- crushed red pepper to your taste (optional)
- 1/8 of teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese which is about 3 ounces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter ramekins and set aside. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add your broccoli. Drain well and then on cutting board chop the broccoli coarsely.
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, 1/2 tspn salt, 1/4 tspn pepper and 1/3 tspn ground nutmeg. (garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes are optional and to your taste maybe and 1/8 of each would be suggested) Stir in the broccoli and cheese.
3. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet (if spills over easy clean-up). Use a ladle to add mixture to your ramekins and divide evenly. Bake until golden brown about 30-40 minutes depending on oven. Happy eating!